- 4ft spacing for the start of play- GS and GK are required to start inside their respective goal
circles, GA, GD, WA and WD on the transverse line and the centres in the centre third. The modification requires all players to position themselves a minimum of 4ft away from their opposing players
and teammates at the start of play.
- 4 ft marking- the defending distance has been increased from 3ft to 4ft. Particular attention must be
paid in the goal circle when defending or waiting for a rebound under the goal post.
- 4 ft position of penalised player- penalised players for major infringements are required to position
beside the player they infringed but from a distance of 4ft
- Removal of Toss Ups- No toss ups are permitted, the team who had the ball directly before the action
that caused the toss up to be awarded will retain possession. The umpire will briefly hold time, instruct the ball to be returned to the relevant team and play will be restarted on the umpire’s
- Removal of idle interactions- Players not engaged in play or who are stood still are required to be
positioned 4ft away from another player. This frequently happens on the circle edge, on the transverse line, whilst walking back to centre pass and returning to the team bench at the end of a
Despite the changes, the modified games still looks and feels very much
like the version we know and love. Contesting for the ball is still very much permitted providing players are involved in play and not face to face less than 1m for over 3 seconds. Over the coming
weeks we’ll be providing hints and tips on playing, coaching and officiating the modified game.
Social distancing must be strictly adhered to off court and enhanced risk
mitigation protocols must be put in place. Modified competition can commence from Saturday 26th September subject to govenrment guidelines
PLEASE PRINT THE FORMS BELOW TO COMPLETE AND RETURN WITH YOUR REGISTRATION